Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Yet another fruitful year

Yet another year of study has gone by.
About a year ago, I remember me studying in 206 at night, thinking to myself: How do the seniors in second year manage 7 subjects in one semester. Just the thought of it is intimidating. But now here I am, all done with 2nd year, still in one piece except for the occasional gloominess due to the overwhelming workload. Thankfully, I would say that this year has been a smooth sailing one.

Yet another nomadic year has gone by.
Getting ready to move out of 11 McCabe and on the hunt for a new house yet again. The transition, it seems so natural to me now. Been living like a nomad for the past 6 years, moving from one place to another, getting used to new places and new people for every transition. This year, the stay has been a pleasant one, too. Guess I do have a bit of luck with flatmates throughout all these years. And I am glad.

Yet another fruitful year has gone by.
Despite being constantly bombarded with a lot of info, including ridiculously hard-to-remember parasite names such as Macracanthorhynchus hirudinaceus, Physocephalus sexalatus and Gnathosoma spinigereum, I actually learned a lot, even after taking into account the fact that I will forget approximately 60% of what I have learned. The remaining 40% is still worth the while, because I have chosen this path myself.

Yet another year full of lessons.
To persevere even at times when you are exhausted; to appreciate the beauty in life; to listen to understand, not to judge; to stay positive even when the world around you is all rain and storm; to admit failure and faults because you are not perfect and will never be; to be grateful to the people who showed up at one point in your life because they make up a part of your memories that no others will remember; to be thankful for the few listening ears that know all your flaws but still open up their arms to you.

To the half cup empty housemate Dolly,

Saying goodbye to our moments in 11 McCabe and looking forward to another year of adventure together.

Special credit to the housemate who always takes credit for downloading good quality animation.

From the half cup full,
Yannibeans 

No comments:

Post a Comment