Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The day before departure.

Tomorrow's the day, the day to leave, the day to embark on a new journey, the day that I've anticipated, the day that I now am apprehensive of. Yes, 2/9/2010 marks an important point in my life, I'll be going abroad to Canada to further my studies. It has always been my dream to study abroad and now it's a dream come true, though not yet a sure thing that I'll graduate with flying colours but at least a start.

With all these about-to-come-s, I know not how to feel. I am for one second excited, next second worried, another second afraid. One minute I'm beaming at the thought of landing my feet on a new land, walking my own path; next minute my tears are rolling down my cheeks with thoughts of leaving home and everything so dear to me running wild in my mind. I am contradicting. No doubt.

I am afraid of the new environment there, I am afraid that I may not be able to cope with my studies, I am afraid of all the lonely nights when I wish I could be home, I am afraid that things won't be the same any more when I'm finally back here, to where I belong.

I am eager to explore the new world there, I am eager to learn more, I am eager to indulge in university life. Yet it seems to me like all the wants are less powerful than all the fears. Heck! I am going to stay positive from now on. Yes. Positive. =)

Thanks to all those that sent their blessings to me, no matter in what forms, be it speech, actions, gifts...... I'll take them all with me and do my very best to make you people proud. Meanwhile, may you all be in good health and great happiness. I'll miss every single one of you here.

Kan Ka Yan is feeling like a dummy. A stupid one who cries over something that is to be happy over. Haha...

Feeling AWESOME now! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment