Friday, September 17, 2010

My third Thursday at Canada...

Yes, I am keeping track of time here. How long have I been here, how long is it to the day when I can head back to the only place that I call home. Was reading my chemistry lab manual and my mum came to talk to me. She told me about the complications and troubles in sending the things that I've requested for. We were talking about my garfield. The courier company requires a detailed description of the soft toy. What?! Like I'd hide drugs in it. We were joking, mummy saying they'd probably "operate" my garfield and see if he contains any prohibited materials. In the midst of joking, I told her, perhaps garfield should just stay at home, it's cold over here. Then, that saves all the trouble for my parents. But as I typed that sentence, tears started welling in my eyes. Stupid. I realise now how much I miss home. Things haven't really started to get tough yet, but I am already feeling so burdened. Who says university life is fun? Not when you're away from home.

Today, it rained, heavily. It was awfully cold. I am glad someone's there with me when I was stuck without an umbrella. =) The route to my class was a long one but it didn't in any way stopped me from going. I know, this is not going to be easy, nothing is. I will be tough and steady, that's what my mother asked me to be.
"Okay.", I promised.


Missing home badly tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Oi~~ I believe this blog's title is "Smile, Laugh, Giggle' hor.. what happen to that?

    You reminded of Zhou Xun's "Wai Mian De Shi Jie (The Outside World)"..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpG2Kc4sJfo&feature=related

    Hamster, Don't feel sad~lah..When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead..

    Those of here back home miss you too..so stop being sad, be happy and get us loads of souvenir.. :p

    All the best~~

    ReplyDelete