Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Last Saturday Here Until Then

Today's one of the best days of my life!

Morning: Badminton session

Woke up on time today, got myself ready and prepared for the final badminton session before leaving to Canada with secondary school friends. Wei Kiat, as he always does, gave me a ride to the sport centre. And surprisingly today, someone who usually doesn't show up, showed up. Guoy Zhi Ren, yes, you! Haha... Then as usual, we had badminton matches. Sweat not that much today. Probably because I spent more time taking pictures and simply staring at them playing than playing myself. It was the first time I brought a camera with me during badminton sessions. Felt so not right. After the two-hour-session, we split into groups and headed home to take a shower before the following activities: Karaoke at Timesquare and dinner at my place. Wei Kiat took a shower at my house and then we proceeded to Timesquare in Zhen Ting's car.

Afternoon: Karaoke

When we arrived, Steph, Siew Wei and Jun Wen had already been waiting for quite a long while. Gave them apologetic smiles and together we stood outside of Neway, awaiting our beloved organiser, Ng Yung Hyun and a few others to arrive. By 3, we were all seated in room 26. Did what we should be doing in a karaoke room: Picked songs and sang. Again, din't sing much today, was busy with the camera. Though I have to admit I am not a good photographer. It was hard to get them willingly look at my camera. Not all of them at least. But it was fun as it has always been. And yes, again we were joined by rare guests: Eugene Low and Yeong Bin.
p/s: Zhi Ren's girl friend has a great voice. Beautiful.
In the midst of karaoke-ing, daddy phoned me and asked me to get myself the pair of sport shoes that I like. Got it right before we all got to my house. It was darn expensive. But I seriously like it.
Another phone call from Edmond when "Thunder" was being played. Good timing. Haha... Didn't recognise his voice initially though it was shown on the caller ID: Edmond?. Was told about his flight date and could almost confirm mine. We're not on the same flight. Jeez... Guess I'm not seeing SkullCandy so soon. XP

Evening till midnight: Dinner and farewell

Peggy, Aunt Ho and Aunt Tan were already there at my house when we all returned from Timesquare.
While everyone started to feast on the food that was prepared, Steph and I chose to play the piano. She's simply awesome. Her capability to play a song upon hearing is amazing. We played "Hey Soul Sister" together and a few other songs. Got a simple lesson on "Automatic" and played her parts of "Vanilla Twilight". And there's no need to say, she picked it up real fast. Then everyone hanged around and talked. Kah How showed up for a while after he had his dinner with his family. Received gifts from them, though I expected none. Was surprised and grateful. Wei Kiat gave me something that I would never imagined. A self-made-box with a paper folded rose and a note. I was stunned for a second, not knowing what to say. Then a book from Steph, another book lover like myself. And a pair of sunglasses from Eugene and YB. Not forgetting the notebook and pencil from my brother's friends. Also, Peggy, Mun Yue, Mei Yee, thanks.
And then, another surprise yet. A cake! They bought me a cake, cheesecake. Though I only had one pinch, I was touched. THANKS people! When it was around 11 something, some left. Shook hands and hugged. Bye! It was nice catching up with each other. By 12 midnight, everyone's gone. I felt good.

Special thanks to daddy, mummy, grandma and Tomato!

No comments:

Post a Comment