Friday, August 27, 2010

Nothing's changed

Date: 27 Aug, 2010

Highlight #1: Elaine and May flying off to Toronto

Woke up early and shot for the airport in daddy's UNSER. Feeling okay, not sad, rather anticipating. Imagined how Elaine would react when she sees me; Figured that we won't cry; Can't wait to pass them the gifts that I've made. Arrived at the airport, before getting down from the car, dad decided that he will wait for me and send me home when I'm done. Nodded in silence, thought of Edmond, who was supposed to take me home. Wondered how to tell him. Pushed that thought away once I stepped into the airport. Looked around frantically, not wanting to waste a second that I could spend with Elaine and May. About to dial May's phone when I heard, "Yan Yan...". That voice. Yes! Before my eyes could locate the source of the voice, someone grabbed me by my hand. It was May! She in her formal attire and blazer. Greeted her relative, who was with her. Then we hurried to where Elaine and her family were gathering. Hugged Elaine from her back, gave her a shock. =) That smile and the typical-Elaine-laughter, sounded. "Si gin...". Haha! Felt so great to meet them again. Quickly passed them two the gifts for I was told that they need to board in a very short while. (What?! It's not even 7.30am.) Waved to her family and said hi before sitting down beside her and grabbed each other like long lost friends. No words could have describe the unnamed happiness in me. Later, we were joined by Edmond and JS. A short photo session and then they were boarded. Before that, not forgetting the hugs. We hugged and promised we'll see each other over there.
Bye, Elaine. Bye, May tze.
I pray you guys a safe and enjoyable trip. Bon voyage!

Highlight #2: Me getting my hair trimmed

It's about time to get a hair cut before leaving to Canada. Al-right. After mummy sent my brother to tuition, we headed to the salon. While my hair was being washed, I giggled when I felt fingers moving around my neck. Guess I gave the lady who was busy washing my hair a shock. "Is this your first time having your hair washed by people?"
"The second time.", continued giggling. XP
Done washing, it's time for some trimming.
"How would you like your hair cut? Short?"
"No, I'm keeping them. Just trim a little."
Done. =) Home.
Bro:"Have you got your hair cut?"
Me:"Yes."
Bro:"I don't see the difference."
Me:"..."

Highlight #3: Mummy preparing for tomorrow's party (farewell for me and belated b'day for Hou)

Drinks, plastic plates and bowls. We need to stock them up for tomorrow. Hence, we went shopping at "Segi". Picked up packet drinks and can drinks. They are heavy. Aiks... Managed them all into the trolley. Mummy was pushing the trolley while I looked for plates and bowls. Found them at a corner. Yea. Paid and piled things up inside the trolley with the help of a worker there. Thanked him though I am not sure if he understands me. He's most probably a foreign worker from Indonesia. Not too sure. Took over the trolley while mummy checked the receipt. Realised the trolley was so heavy. Down a slide the trolley went, with me trying to stop it. Succeed. Together my mum and I placed everything into the car and went home. Satisfied. Mummy will be making jelly tomorrow. Sorry, I won't be there to help. Going out with friends. Yes! ^^

Yet another day of my simple life. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment