Sunday, August 27, 2017

Promise kept

After almost 2 years, I finally get to fulfill the promise I made. We returned to Winjallok! This time not as students on placement but as visiting friends. We (Summie, Jesslyn, Tiff, JR, Francine, Me!) made Greg and Fiona dinner and had a good catch up with each other. To be honest, it's good just to see them and the dogs again. Oh, and their new puppy, Bessie (not sure if that's how I spell her name) is so adorable I want to kidnap her home. XD

The walk at night in the cold will always be remembered. That starry sky, that milky way, that total darkness, that cold wind... and the company. =) I would have camped outside and stare at the sky until I fall asleep, if only the temperature wasn't so cold I took 2 of Summie's jacket on top of my own. (Oops!) I would trade a fortune just to see a sky like that again. The road we were on was pitch black but the stars were shining so brightly, just like sunlight reflecting off hundreds and thousands of water droplets after the rain. They glimmer. So beautifully. It's true that stars shine brighter in the dark. Ironically, she who likes stars dislikes the dark.

Even though I don't think any photo can do justice to the beauty of our universe, here is the least I can use to help me remember that magnificent view.
Photo credit: Summie

The next morning, Greg took me out on his motorbike to move some sheep. I don't have a motorbike license but I think I will enjoy riding if I ever get a chance to learn it. Well maybe not in the crowded city where cars are everywhere but somewhere out in countryside. Oh! Greg said that I am still the same lovely girl he remembers me to be. It felt good to be remembered and cherished, but at the same time, a little bit awkward to hear someone calls me lovely. I've missed you too. Hahaha...

A journey to remember for a lifetime.
Thanks for having us, Greg and Fiona! =)
Photo credit: Summie

For lunch, Fiona made us lamb roast and chocolate pudding! They reminded me of the time when we were there for our placement, it definitely brought back some good memories.

Unfortunately Terry was sick and we didn't get to see him...Hopefully he'll get better...
Greg told me to pay a visit again, to see how great Bessie will grow up to be. And there...
Another promise made. =)

Signing off,
Ka Yan

No comments:

Post a Comment